Group yoga (drop-in)
I teach a weekly Yin Yoga class at Redwood Hot Yoga: Mondays 9:30-11am.
Small group yoga (preregistration required)
I periodically offer preregistered small group yoga classes in the Toronto area. These classes are usually offered as six-week sessions, with classes available either once or twice per week. Classes are suited to a beginner/intermediate experience level unless otherwise indicated.
Six-week sessions focus on yoga that is functional and therapeutic. This means that we will work with passive (yin) and active (yang) poses as well as movements that stabilize, strengthen, and foster resilience in the ligaments, joints and myofascial tissue.
The goal in not to go “faster, deeper, harder, longer” into the poses but to work with our bodies in a mindful, sensitive and aware way. We aim to connect with the innate wisdom of our bodies and allow it to guide and direct our practice. In this way, we take care of our bodies and any existing injuries or imbalances we may have, and minimize the risk of injuring or over stressing our bodies further in our yoga practice.
Six-week sessions are offered at various locations in Scarborough, North York and East York. Please see my current teaching schedule for details.
- Cost for a six-week session is typically $90 per session for one class per week, and $170 per session for two classes per week.
- If space allows, you may be able to attend on a per-class basis at a cost of $17 per class. Contact me for details.
Private and semi-private yoga
If you can’t make it to one of my group classes, or if you simply prefer to practice in private, why not schedule a private yoga class at a time and place convenient for you?
You can choose the completely personalized focus of a one-on-one private class, or save money and retain many of the benefits of privacy by practicing with up to two friends in a semi-private class. Classes can be your choice of 1.0 hour or 1.5 hours in length.
Here are some of the most common reasons you may choose a private or semi-private class.
- You’ve visited me for acupuncture and received a customized yoga sequence that combines the principles and practice of yoga with those of Chinese medicine, and now you’d like to work through the practice with me.
- You want personalized help getting started with yoga.
- You find your schedule is too busy to find time to attend a regularly scheduled class.
- You feel easily distracted or overly competitive in a group class.
- You want to go to the next level in your practice, or work more in depth in a particular area of your practice.
- You have injuries (back, knee, shoulder) or health concerns (stress, arthritis, chronic headaches, PMS, insomnia).
- You need to target problem areas like tight hips, hamstrings or weak knees.
- You wish to work toward a specific physical goal such as increased flexibility, balance, or strength.
- You want to increase your mental focus in a particular sport or activity.
- You want to add a customized yoga component to your weight-loss or strength-training program.
Even if none of these reasons apply, you need no other reason than a desire to experience yoga as it was originally practiced: as a one-on-one, individualized, personalized discipline for the mind, body and spirit.
Cost for private yoga is $80 per hour. If you wish, you can share the cost with a friend for a semi-private class.
Private sessions are available at locations in East York and Scarborough. Please contact me for specific location details.
If you have limited mobility or simply prefer to practice in your own home, in-home private and semi-private classes are also available Please contact me for fees.