Please note that I’m currently taking time away from my acupuncture practice to focus on other endeavours. No acupuncture services are available during this time.
What is Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Mei Zen is a specific selection of acupuncture points and techniques that promotes radiant health and vitality both inside and out.
- Improved consistency of overall skin tone and texture
- Reduction in fine lines (they may even disappear) and a leveling of deeper lines
- Streamlining of the jawline and minimization of the beginnings of jowls
- Improvements in acne and rosacea
- Fading of age spots
- Softer, smoother and more vibrant skin
Those who suffer from TMJ dysfunction and other facial pain syndromes may find Mei Zen helpful as well.
How does it work?
Tiny needles are lightly placed at specific points on your face, neck or abdomen.
From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, Mei Zen acupuncture treats the organs and meridians and balances the Qi and Blood of the body. Increased overall health and vitality is naturally expressed in the skin.
From a biomedical perspective, Mei Zen cosmetic acupuncture causes tiny micro-traumas to the skin’s upper layers (through the epidermis into the dermis). The body responds by sending fibroblasts and elastin to rebuild the tissue. The result is improved circulation and healthier, more radiant skin.
How long does the process take?
The face and neck protocols each require a five week commitment with treatments done twice per week. So, each protocol requires ten treatments delivered over a five week period.
The abdominal protocol is a three month minimum protocol, delivered twice per week for the first six weeks, then once per week for the next six weeks.
- If you’d like to complete the facial protocol and the neck protocol, it’s recommended that you complete the facial protocol first for 5 weeks, then complete the neck protocol for a further 5 weeks.
- If you’d like to complete either the facial or neck protocol, plus the abdominal protocol, complete the abdominal protocol first, then move on to either the face or neck.
What about maintaining the benefits?
Once per month treatments are recommended to maintain the benefits.
In the initial maintenance phase, if you’ve done both the face and neck protocols, you can choose to alternate your once per month maintenance treatment between the neck and the facial protocols.
For long-term maintenance, many people choose to complete the full protocol every 2-3 years. In general, you should repeat the full course of treatment for the protocol of your choice when you begin to notice that your skin is beginning to look less radiant.
For some results of Mei Zen acupuncture please visit Dr. Martha Lucas’s web site.
How much does it cost?
For fees, please call or contact me.