Please note that I’m currently taking time away from my acupuncture practice to focus on other endeavours. No acupuncture services are available during this time.
- For your first visit, please come 10 minutes early, so that you can fill in your health history and consent form.
- Be sure to eat before your treatment but try not to be overly full. If you have a morning appointment, make sure you eat breakfast beforehand. If you are coming from work, have a light snack.
- Try not to drink coffee or other stimulants before treatment as these can affect your physiology in a way that might interfere with the effects of treatment.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing. For example, if you wear pants, ensure that they are loose enough to roll up to the knee.
Acupuncture treatment is harmonizing for your body at a deep level. Try to follow these guidelines for several hours after your treatment:
- Give yourself some time to before returning to your daily routine, even if it is just by taking a short walk or having a snack. If time allows, you may even wish to take a nap.
- Drink lots of room temperature or warm water for the remainder of the day of your treatment. Herbal tea is also a good option.
- Avoid eating heavy, spicy foods, over-eating, drinking coffee, or drinking alcohol.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, hot tubs, and saunas for several hours after treatment.
One treatment can have a strong effect, but for many people, health issues that are chronic require a longer course of treatment.